5 reasons why you should ditch your glass/ plastic bottle for a copper vessel on the nightstand
Back in the day, when plastic and glass containers did not exist, our ancestors used natural yet effective ways of purifying and energising drinking water. Water is the elixir of life and we must be mindful of the kind of water we consume so that it not only quenches the thirst but also yields deeper long-term benefits.
Research has shown the presence of microplastics in human bodies leads to tissue damage and organ impairment. Previous research has shown that, on average, people ingest about 5 grams of plastic every week, the equivalent of a credit card, said Dianna Cohen, CEO of the non-profit Plastic Pollution Coalition.
Needless to say, this is a cause of concern for humans at large and should be addressed. Though it will be a long way before we are able to completely eliminate plastics from our environment. We can start small with baby steps to get long-term benefits for both the individual and the environment at large.
According to Ayurveda, one must boil water on a flame and store it in a copper vessel overnight. Drinking copper-enriched water (Tamra Jal) first thing in the morning on an empty stomach helps balance all three doshas (Kapha, Vata and Pitta). This also ensures the proper functioning of different organs and other metabolic processes.
Here is a list of 5 reasons why you should swap out your glass/ plastic bottle for a copper vessel on the nightstand :
- Say goodbye to Germs: The oligodynamic nature of copper is something that makes it unique compared to other materials. Modern science explains that the oligodynamic effect is the property of heavy metals like copper, zinc, silver & gold to naturally sterilise themselves by killing bacteria. This is why they are used in utensils, doorknobs and dental implants.
- Stay away from poison: Aside from various health benefits that copper vessels offer, it has been found that plastic is a slow poison. Prolonged usage of plastic bottles for drinking water invites toxins into the body. Research shows that plastic bottles contain Bisphenol A, also known as BPA which possesses malignant properties when reacting with our body. However, using copper bottles will not only help you in fighting all these problems but also provide vital nutrients in our bodies in the form of copper.
- Ideal for storing lukewarm water: We are told to consume boiled purified water but there comes a problem with storage of lukewarm water because lukewarm water absorbs more plastic, and that should be a complete “no”. Instead, if warm water is stored in a copper vessel, not only does it stay plastic-free, it also becomes enriched with the qualities of copper and hence additionally beneficial.
- Anti-ageing impact: Everyone desires to look young and beautiful even when they get old. So this desire will surely turn into reality with copper bottles as copper is anti-oxidant and regenerates cells. It helps in fighting against the free radicals.
- Helps in losing weight: looking healthy and fit is something which everyone dreams of. So, it’s time to turn your dreams into reality. If water is kept in a copper vessel for a night and drunk every day, it will show tremendous positive changes in the body.
With so many benefits, are you still thinking? It’s time to act now! , one small yet substantial change at a time. Go and shop for some of the best copper carafes and try them for yourself. Your body will thank you later. You will find endless options online. Here are some of the most stylish handmade copper carafes you will find in our boutique.